Getting a body piercing should be an enjoyable experience, and that’s what we strive to provide at Karma Beverly Hills. From the moment you enter our salon, we will work with you to answer questions, discuss options, and find the jewelry and procedure that is just right for you, all in a clean, comfortable and stylish environment.
At Karma, we have an outstanding selection of high quality body jewelry on hand, made from materials such as titanium, stainless steel, niobium, gold, silver, platinum, stone, glass, bone, and wood. Once you’ve made your choice, your piercer will walk you through information on our sterilization practices, then discuss placement and position of your jewelry. You’ll have a chance to review everything and ask any questions you have before the big moment…then the procedure itself will be over before you know it! And yes, you may have a friend join you for moral support.
After cleaning up, your piercer will provide you with full instructions about aftercare and recommend products that promote fast and clean healing. (You can read a summary of our aftercare tips below.) Please note: For most piercings you must be at least 16 years old and have parental consent (this means your parent must be with you). Earlobes can be pierced at any age, but if you’re under 18, you will need a parent to come with you. When you come in, please bring your picture ID and make sure your parent has theirs!
Making Your Visions a Reality
Let’s get creative! Karma Beverly Hills has the people, skills, and imagination to bring your piercing vision to life.
After Care Instructions
What to do:
- Clean your piercing daily and follow aftercare procedure.
- Maintain a healthy immune system and hygiene regiment. If your body is clean and healthy over all, the likelihood of your piercing healing properly and in a timely fashion is enhanced.
- Take ibuprofen or suitable anti-inflammatory and drink plenty of water to alleviate swelling.
- Seek advice from your piercer if you have any problems, questions, concerns, or experience any issues with your piercing.
- Fully submerge piercing in a warm salt water solution (1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt to every 8 oz of warm water) and soak for three to five minutes once or twice a day through out the respective healing period. Pat piercing dry with clean gauze or cotton ball and do not bandage it unless advised by piercer.
- Refrain from using any other cleaners such as Bactine, hydrogen peroxide, neosporin, etc. unless instructed by your piercer because these products are not intended for extended use and can cause irritation and extend the healing time.
What to Avoid:
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before touching your piercing for any reason.
- Leave it alone! Aside from checking and tightening threaded jewelry avoid touching and playing with your piercing, this will reduce the risk of introducing bacteria to the site and hindering the healing process.
- Be patient! Do not change your body jewelry until the piercing is fully healed.
- Do not remove the body jewelry and leave it out for an extended amount of time. Piercings can close rapidly, avoid this by replacing jewelry right away to retain the hole.
- Favor your piercing! Avoid any trauma, excess movement, touching, and stress to your piercing because this can cause discomfort, scar tissue, prolonged healing, migration, and other health issues.
- Keep your piercing clean! Keep all make-up, exfoliates, and cosmetics away from the piercing. Also avoid contaminants and the bodily fluids of others as these are not sterile to your body and can illicit irritation or infection.
- In the case of oral piercings, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol for at least 48 hours after your piercing in order to combat excess inflammation. You may be advised to ice your piercing and drink cold water as well.